I recently was in South Florida and was looking for something to do with the family. Lisa did some searching, checked out reviews online of company’s, and chose Captain Jack’s Airboat Tours in Everglades City Florida.
If you’ve never been on an Airboat Ride…it’s quite fun! Here are a couple videos I took while on the ride.
What prompted Lisa to choose this company for our Airboat Tour was an impressive special that they offer. Captain Jack’s has a coupon on their website for a Free Airboat Tour for Honor Students! Soak that in for a minute!
Here is the fine print on their coupon.
Bring a report card showing all A’s and B’s to get a free Captain Jack’s Mangrove Airboat Tour! Also includes Animal Sanctuary and live alligator show.
Valid only with the purchase of a regular-priced adult airboat tour. Limit 2 free student tickets per adult ticket. Students must present a report card showing all A’s and B’s (or equivalent high marks) for a completed grade between Kindergarten and 12th grade in the 2017-2018 school year. Cannot be combined with other offers.
Expires August 31, 2018. Code HONOR2018.
I think that this is FANTASTIC! What I love about this most is that they are showing care for a focus on grades and school. I think it’s rather unique for a business to offer this type of discount. It’s innovative, and it makes them stand out. I also think that assuming the experience was great, a customer would refer Captain Jack’s to their friends, because this caring action stands out, and it is memorable.
As I was driving the 90 minutes back from Everglades City to Fort Myers, I started thinking about what else could improve this Honor Roll experience. Here are a few things I think Captain Jack’s could do to enhance this.
- Have a large sign made that says “Captain Jack’s Honor Roll” and mount it near the ticket window. When the student gets their ticket for free, they stand next to the sign and the parents will surely take their photo. From there, where they share that photo is up to them, but I bet you good money it goes on Social Media! Captain Jacks could, with parent’s permission, take a photo, then add it to a gallery on their website and facebook for the Captain Jack’s Honor Roll.
- Offer the Honor Roll Student’s something to take home. Perhaps they could choose a small item, related to school, that would be memorable to them. Here are some item’s they could choose from that wouldn’t cost Captain Jack’s very much but would create a long lasting impact on the student:
- Airboat Coloring Book (Ideal for younger students)
- Cell Phone Holder – Under $2 (Here are some examples on Amazon)
- Alligator or Airboat Snapchat Filter
These are just three ideas that could enhance the overall Captain Jack’s Honor Roll experience. It’s the experience that people remember.
Carl Buehner once famously said – “People won’t always remember what you say, but they will remember how you made them feel”
Let’s make these honor roll kids feel special!
PS…we sure did see a Gator! That’s a given on an Airboat tour!